Chiropractic Care is used to treat over 4.5 million Canadians each year and is a regulated health profession, recognized by statute in all Canadian provinces. Almost 2.7 million patients in Ontario rely on chiropractic care every year to help them live healthy, active lives.
Chiropractic is an evidence-based, non-invasive, hands-on health care discipline that focuses on the MSK system. The MSK system is a complex network of muscles, bones, joints, tendons, and ligaments that offers us the ability to perform our daily activities.
After participating in an undergraduate university program for at least three years, a Doctor of Chiropractic spends another four years at an accredited chiropractic college, receiving more than 4,200 hours of specialized clinical training.
This hands-on, non-invasive, drug-free approach is used to diagnose, treat and prevent problems for your:
- Nervous System
Visiting a Chiropractor includes
- Patient history
- Physical examination
- Discuss treatment options
- Informed consent
- Referral as appropriate
There are many reasons to seek chiropractic care:
- Back pain
- Neck pain & Whiplash
- Strains & sprains
- Repetitive strain injury
- Work & sports injuries
- Limited range of motion
Looking for …
- Improved movement
- Muscle and joint injury prevention
- Better posture
- Improved flexibility
- Enhanced athletic performance
- Relief of pregnancy-related backache
- Gait correction
Chiropractors use a combination of treatments, depending on the specific needs of the individual patient. After taking a history, performing an examination and establishing a diagnosis, a chiropractor can develop and carry out a comprehensive treatment/management plan, recommend therapeutic exercise and other non-invasive therapies, and provide nutritional, dietary and lifestyle counseling.
One of the most common therapies a chiropractor uses is spinal manipulative therapy (SMT), which can comprise a variety of adjustment techniques. Specific training in SMT allows chiropractors to provide highly-skilled and precise adjustments to the vertebrae of the spine, correcting joint motion to restore proper movement and improve function.
Sharbot Lake Chiropractic & Wellness Here at Sharbot Lake Chiropractic & Wellness we strive to achieve optimal health and wellness through education and treatment. For many conditions, such as low back pain, chiropractic care may be the primary method of treatment. When a multi-disciplinary approach is advisable, a chiropractor will coordinate care with other health care professionals. Where other conditions exist, chiropractic care may complement or support medical or other treatment by relieving the musculoskeletal aspects associated with the condition.
Chiropractic care may also be used to provide symptomatic relief for patients with chronic conditions such as diabetes and arthritis and help manage the MSK complaints that are common with these conditions. At Sharbot Lake Chiropractic & Wellness we use state of the art technology. The Pro-Adjuster, powered by Sigma Instruments, is an assessment and treatment tool which provides pain-free adjustments without any bending, twisting or torsion of the body.
Sigma Instrument Methods – Gentle, Precise, Preferred
The Sigma Instrument is a revolutionary new technology used to accurately measure the fixation of the spine and treat health disturbances related to the spine and nervous system. A signal is sent into the vertebrae to check motion, it is reflected back to a piezoelectric crystal, which measures the force, sending it to the computer for interpretation.
By using the Sigma Instrument, we are equipped to provide you with the most advanced Chiropractic technology in existence today. This cutting-edge tool is an advanced Chiropractic instrument for both spinal analysis and spinal adjustment. The system is driven by a sophisticated software package, designed to help us comfortably and accurately locate and treat spinal problems.
What Should I Expect to Feel?
When your doctor places the instrument over the spine, a barely perceptible impulse is introduced into the vertebrae by a computer sensor. You feel only a “light click” when this is done. The response is instantaneously reflected back to a piezoelectric crystal and sent to the computer for interpretation. This gives your doctor valuable information about the characteristics of the vertebrae and tissues in ways thatcould never be done before. Your doctor uses this information to help determine the most appropriate treatment for your condition.
Treatment is delivered to the body through the same sensor head that is used for assessment. During the treatment phase, your doctor applies the instrument over the spine or other areas of your body. You feel a light tapping sensation that continues for several seconds until the desired response has been achieved. The computer automatically ends the treatment the moment your tissues have responded.
Treatment with the Sigma Instrument puts all your fears of manual Chiropractic treatment to rest. The Sigma Instrument is gentle, with no popping or cracking sounds. It offers treatment that is on target, precise and easy on the body every time.
What Makes the Sigma Instrument Superior to Other Approaches?
The Sigma Instrument can help your doctor isolate a problem area faster and more precisely than can be done manually. It uses space age technology to determine if each spinal vertebra is in proper alignment, so the nervous system is free to effectively transport nerve impulses throughout your body. The Sigma Instrument uses the same type of technology that allows engineers to determine weakness, integrity and stress in the walls of spacecrafts.
How Can the Sigma Instrument Be So Gentle?
The Sigma Instrument utilizes a precise oscillating force with uninterrupted motion. It is able to increase the mobility of the spinal segments by reducing or eliminating the fixations. It uses soft tips, that are comfortable to the human body to exert a tapping force that “unsticks” the joint.
The average person spends at least two-thirds of their day wearing shoes and takes between 4000-5000 steps. Repetitive daily damage can cause lasting discomfort and pain.
Sharbot Lake Chiropractic & Wellness offers a range of orthotics from Footmaxx. The Footmaxx system provides patients with a dynamic biomechanical assessment, the data from which is then analyzed by the Footmaxx Metascan™ System.
Footmaxx Metascan™ System captures the pressure exerted by the patient’s stance at 150 images per second and uses this data to create a dynamic gait / pressure analysis report containing a wide array of information including:
- Kinetic pressure patterns during stance
- Two and three-dimensional color images of the patient’s footstep
- Inferences on any abnormality detected in the patients biomechanics
If an unusual biomechanical pattern is detected, Metascan will prescribe specific inclusions for that patient’s custom Footmaxx orthotics. Once this data has been processed at Footmaxx’s laboratory, the appropriate orthotics will be sent to the referring health clinic.
- Compares walking and running scan data for each patient
- Detects leg length discrepancies that may affect overall alignment
- Postural analysis that determines deviations in movement patterns, body symmetry and alignment
- Diagnostic software analyzes both patient data and digital pressure mat data and correlates the two into a custom orthotics prescription
- Visually observes postural movement over a given time frame, replayed and analyzed by health care provider for analysis and patient education
The Footmaxx Metascan™ System can be used to treat and prevent foot problems such as:
- Foot Pain
- Ankle Pain
- Knee Pain
- Hip Pain
- ITB Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Heel Spurs
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Short Leg
- High Arches
- Flat Feet
FASTER: More efficient diagnosis and treatment.
VERSATILE: The ONLY mat allowing you to configure sensitivity for different gaits.
DIAGNOSTIC: Use for balance testing, vestibular testing, and therapeutic protocols.
EDUCATIONAL: Generates a custom report with detailed analysis of your patient’s gait.
RockTape is a brand of kinesiology tape, which is a type of adhesive tape used for therapeutic purposes. Kinesiology tape is designed to mimic the elasticity and thickness of human skin, and is used to support muscles and joints, reduce pain and inflammation.
RockTape is made from a high-quality cotton fabric with a hypoallergenic adhesive and is available in a variety of colors and patterns and is often used to treat injuries such as muscle strains, sprains, and tendonitis, and is also used to help prevent injuries and improve performance.
- Pain relief: RockTape can help reduce pain and discomfort associated with injuries, such as muscle strains, sprains, and tendonitis.
- Support for muscles and joints: RockTape is designed to provide support to muscles and joints, helping to improve overall stability and reducing the risk of further injury.
- Improved circulation and lymphatic flow: RockTape can help improve blood flow and lymphatic drainage, which can help reduce swelling and inflammation and speed up the healing process.
- Improved performance: RockTape can help improve range of motion and flexibility, allowing individuals to move more freely and efficiently. This can lead to improved performance and reduced risk of injury.
- Posture correction: RockTape can be used to help correct posture by providing support to the muscles and joints involved in maintaining good posture.
- Activates Muscles – RockTape activates muscles. Often times patients come into the office with a non-traumatic injury such as knee pain or hip pain and for no reason. Most likely this is because the muscle is not activated, which means it’s not initiating motion so other muscles have to create that motion. Applying RockTape in a certain place over a certain muscle will activate those muscles. Therefore, it’s going to reduce your potential for injury and also increase your performance.